Thursday, August 19, 2010

Anyone noticed ebay gives you the option, when you list an item for sale, to post via standard mail; but if?

you state paypal as a method of payment you are likely to end up having to refund the money after you've sent the item because you don't have a tracking number?


Paypal can freeze your account whenever they want and not allow you to withdraw your own money, or pay for other items you may have won...which itself can get you suspended ffrom ebay.


Has anybody else encountered these when dealing with ebay and paypal?Anyone noticed ebay gives you the option, when you list an item for sale, to post via standard mail; but if?
I use to have Paypal but I made a mistake with my bank account and the payment bounced. So Paypal converted the balance to dollars one day and then to sterling to next. This kept putting the amount I owed up and up. I paid it off, emailed them to shove the account where the light doesn't shine and I make sure in my listings that I don't take Paypal because of the RIP OFF FEES. If the buyer can't be bothered to send a cheque or postal order then they ain't genuine.





That's probably why you get problems or do cheque payers do the same?





Because you can't charge for Paypal, I thought that you should add, say 拢4, to the item and state that cheque or postal order payments get a 拢4 discount. Do Paypal refund postage, if not, do the 拢4 on the postage side of things.Anyone noticed ebay gives you the option, when you list an item for sale, to post via standard mail; but if?
I have a shop on ebay and occassionally, I have problems with people wanting refunds for ridiculous reasons even though I don't offer refunds. They then damage the goods on purpose and report me to paypal stating blatant lies about my goods (handbags). Paypal always find in favour of the liar - I mean buyer!. It makes my blood boil. I also always obtain a certificate of postage but did you know that doesn't count for anything - proof of sending is not proof of receipt. You HAVE to have a tracking number so again, any complaints will be found in favour of the buyer. Paypal can freeze the funds for the complaint but not your entire account. Luckily most of my customers are very happy with their purchasers and are honest people but there are some scammers out there.
I use EBay but not Paypal as too much hassle with them, they expect you to send things by certificated post, but then the clients don't want to bid because P %26amp; P is too much, can't win! When I sell, I accept postal order or cash sent registered post, not a problem
I am going thru that right now from a buyer that has ';buyer's remorse'; concerning an item they purchased from me. If I do not win the case with PayPal, I will no longer use their service. I am a small time seller that cannot afford to have buyer's back out because they now feel they spent too much on an auction. My money is tied up with PayPal and I cannot do a thing until PayPal decides who is right in this matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment