Thursday, August 19, 2010

Am I asking a reasonable price for these items for sale? (pictures)?

I am selling clothing that have been very gently owned and never actually worn because I purchased them just before getting pregnant and havent lost the weight! I plan to list them on craigs list/ ebay or both. How much do you think I can get for these items?





How much do you think I should ask for the entire package??





I was thinking of asking for $40.00 but I am not sure. They are worth so much more to me because I paid for them, but I know that I need to charge a reasonable price to attract a buyer.





I dont think that 3 to 4 dollars an item is too much for brand new clothing that costed me between 15 and 25 dollars a piece a year ago. What do you experts recommend?? :)





http://i340.photobucket.com/albums/o332/鈥?/a>





http://i340.photobucket.com/albums/o332/鈥?/a>





http://i340.photobucket.com/albums/o332/鈥?/a>





http://i340.photobucket.com/albums/o332/鈥?/a>Am I asking a reasonable price for these items for sale? (pictures)?
You'll never get $40 for that stuff. Not that it's not worth $40 because it probably is.





People are cheap. My daughter had about 12 Aeropostale, A%26amp;F, and similar shirts at her sale (she's 13). She had like $1 each. These were very gently worn, and 2 still had the tags on them. Only 2 or 3 sold, and two ladies tried to jew her down to $.50 each.





You might get $10 out of them if you're lucky, or just happen to find the right buyer.





Good luckAm I asking a reasonable price for these items for sale? (pictures)?
Honestly, clothes don't really bring anything on Ebay unless they are high-end name brand. Craigslist is only slightly better, but I still don't know if you'd be able to get what you want out of it (I'm not saying that $40 is unreasonable, just that most people on those sites aren't willing to pay much for clothes).
Although you received some good answers, the best way to find out EXACTLY how it'll work out is to spend a few minutes on ebay looking at COMPLETED auctions of same items.





You might have to work out how the advanced ebay search works, it's just one or two extra clicks to show up ONLY results of PAST auctions.
everyone wants to save a buck, or think they are getting a great deal......I don't think $40 is unreasonable, have you ever shopped at a goodwill or thrift store??? that's about what they would charge, I think it's too much, considering they were donated, and they are sooo way over stocked anyway, I would take $35 if I were you....but they are cute...
$ 43.8
I used to have a flea market business and I would acquire name brand clothes that still had the tags on them and I could not sell them, for a few dollars apiece.





I put a large box out with old clothes in it, many stained and well worn, and put 25cents a piece on them and the whole entire box sold out.





The reason a person will generally visit Ebay or Craigslist is to receive a ';significant'; deal. Especially with shipping being so expensive. You have to consider that if it costs for example $10 to ship the clothes on top of the $40 then the shopper is going to look elsewhere or go to a local thrift store, flea market, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment